Warehouse Line Striping Services
When it comes to warehouse line striping your new or current warehouse, you need to plan. Planning will save you time, money, and the possibility of ruining your floor.
However, before you plan and hire a contractor, there are a few things that you need to take into consideration.
- Are you Leasing or Buying the Building?
- How many SKUs do you plan to store in a given area?
- Do you plan to include an Egress Path or pedestrian walkway?
- Have you accounted for permits if needed?
- Lastly! always plan for “FUTURE GROWTH.”
Regardless if you’re leasing or buying the building? The last thing you want to do is ruin the floor with striping paint, or worse, the fire marshals ask you to remove or fix them because of fire code violations. We see this all the time.
Flue Space offers two types of striping solutions. One, If you’re leasing the building or have a short-term lease? We offer Heavy-Duty Line Striping tape that can be easily removed upon you moving out. Our Heavy Duty Line Striping tape comes in ten different colors and five sizes to deliver professional warehouse Line striping results.
Two, If you own the warehouse and need a more permanent solution, we offer Cold Paint striping solutions to give you a longer-lasting Solution.
Ninety-nine percent of the time, warehouse owners try to maximize storage cubic feet in a warehouse by double or triple stacking pallets on top of each other.
In addition, they try to increase storage by cramming in as many pallets on the floor without emergency breaks or considering safety.
Flue Space Labels understands that Warehouse Line Striping “is not an easy task.”
It takes know-how, and most of all, experience to get the job done while keeping you compliant with your local building and fire department guidelines.
Yes! Believe it or not! There are striping guidelines to keep you safe from fire and seismic events.
Warehouse Line Striping has many benefits. Some of the benefits are:
- Organization of your warehouse floor plan.
- Find your products faster which increases faster picking time.
- Helps you plan for future growth.
- Keeps consistency in your warehouse
- Keeps employees safe from forklift traffic by separating pedestrian walkways and forklift paths.
- Allow for fire sprinklers to work properly incase of a fire.
- Avoid Fire Department code violations and Fines.
- Increase forklift traffic flow while reducing bottlenecks in high activity paths.
If it’s your first time dealing with a Warehouse Line Striping project? Chances are you have never heard of the term “Egress Path” the meaning of an egress path is: a simple, unobstructed path of travel within a building, structure, or space.
The path consists of ADA-approved striping, exit signs, and a diagram of evacuating the building.
The differences between an “Egress Path and a Pedestrian Walkway are that a Pedestrian walkway is your typical everyday path for employees to get from one side of the building to the other, and your path of egress is your emergency exit in case of an emergency.
Although an egress path and a pedestrian footpath share similarities, an Egress Path serves one purpose: to get people out of the building in case of an emergency, and a pedestrian path is for everyday use.
Examples of Egress Paths and Pedestrian Walk ways
ADA COMPLIANT DOOR PATHS
WALK PATHS WITH EGRESS AND FIRE BREAKS
ADA COMPLIANT WALK WAY PATHS
Depending on how high you plan to store or the square footage you will use for your products? the answer is “YES.”
According to the California Fire Code, if you plan to store your products higher than 12ft. (the equivalent of 3, 4 ft. pallets) for an area greater than 500 sq. ft. Then a High Pile Storage Permit is needed for your palletized storage areas.
At Flue Space Labels, we understand the importance of “Compliance.” Therefore, before we stripe your warehouse, we provide you with a free consultation. Upon you hiring us? We will provide you with an Auto CAD Layout of your warehouse line Striping. We will include fire breaks, egress paths, include pedestrian walkways, and provide you with the striping and all signage needed.
Upon completion, we will help you apply for the High Piled Permit if needed and keep your warehouse fully compliant with your local fire department.
For more information on how we can help you with your current project or future projects. Give us a call or Book an appointment.
We offer two types of striping mediums to meet your needs.
- If you are leasing the building or cannot use line striping paint, we offer Heavy Duty Line Striping Tape. The Line striping paint comes in ten colors and three different sizes 2″, 4″, and 6″. For a complete color guide, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
- Cold Paint Striping – More a more durable striping solution, we offer Cold Paint Line Striping solutions.
Realistically, there is no such thing as a permanent floor striping solution. Many factors can affect the longevity of your floor striping.
- How often do you sweep or mop your warehouse? Sweeping and mopping your warehouse regularly will prolong the striping.
- Not dragging pallets over freshly painted lines will increase the durability of your warehouse and help the paint set in.
- Spiling Oil, Dropping Dirt, flour, charcoal dust, or not sweeping regularly will decrease the life of your striping project.
Many striping companies claim that a 2 part epoxy paint over regular acrylic paint lasts longer and that they have the perfect solution for your warehouse. However, flue Space Labels employees have been in the warehousing industry for over 15 years and understand that you can’t compare a warehouse floor with a typical parking garage. Many factors can affect the paint in a warehouse, which is why we offer low-cost, high-end, durable paint to fit your budget and striping goals.
The standard width for line striping is 4 inches. Although there are warehouses that prefer thicker or thinner lines, for the most part, 4 inches is the standard for all warehouse line striping projects.
Typically it takes about 3 hours for the paint to dry. But depending on the temperature, and concrete humidity it might take longer. We usually ask to give it 24 hours before you start loading your aisles.
Yes! We offer high-end, durable floor striping paint, the stuff you see in many parking structures. But we also understand that your warehouse is a living entity that is constantly growing, and the need for storage space is always scarce. Therefore, being able to rearrange your storage allocations to fit your demand is what we strive for, which is why we use High-End, Durable and removable paint to fit your needs. Although, it will take time to remove it? The floor striping can be removed and restriped to fit your growing needs.
NO! Flue Space Labels does not outsource any of our services. All of our services, Including Warehouse Line Striping, are all done in-house. When it comes to outsourcing, we are very picky with who we do business with. The reason for that is, we have a reputation to uphold, and we do not believe in third-party companies to help us get the job done. All of our services are backed by our 100% Satisfaction guaranteed.